I feel great! I am back to regular Totally Zen workouts on the beach and my studio Supreme Ultimate Fitness in Boca Raton, FL
Thats the good news. The not so good news is I have gained 30 lbs in the past year. Ugh! I am up to 215 and that’s not good for me. I’m at my best at 185. I look, feel, and perform better in the low-mid 180′s.
Now the hard part is going to be at age 47 to lose that 30 lbs and increase my strength and endurance. I know I can do it, but it will be a lot of work, and I am actually looking forward to the challenge. My diet will pretty much stay the same, high raw food with a lot of protein and some fats. I will just be cutting down on the volume of food for a while.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
I had a great double kettlebell beach workout on Friday which consisted of swings, cleans, presses, snatches, and squats. I did several rounds of 5 reps each, pretty much a Kettlebell Muscle workout.
I am starting back very light and low-mid intensity. Many time people make the mistake of jumping back into a full blown high intensity workout after a long layoff. This is how you get injured or sick or both.
Today I did the following in my fitness studio
3 rounds circuit with no rest in this order:
- 1 turkish get up L/R with 16kg
- 5 reps trap bar dead lift with 225 lb.
- 5 Zercher Squat with 75 lb sandbag
- 15 kettlebell swings with 24kg
- 30 sec battling ropes
3 rounds of:
- Farmers Walk with 225 lbs
- 10 TRX atomic push ups (suspended push up with inverted crunch)
20 minutes of Tai Chi Chih as active recovery
This is s repost from a workout on June 21, 2010
Here is a great Kettlebell Press workout that I did at Supreme Ultimate Fitness in Boca Raton, FL last week.
- Double 24kg military press x 5
- Single 32kg push press x 3 L/R
- Single 36kg push press x 3 L/R
Rest 2 minute then repeat 5 x
Gain more muscle using kettlebells, check out this new book by Geoff Neupert below
Note: this posted workout did not come from the Kettlebell Muscle book.
This is a repost from Oct 2010
Here is a client of mine, Kelly, demonstrating the Get Up at Supreme Ultimate Fitness in Boca Raton during the Kettlebell Basics Workshop on October 9, 2010. Notice the precision, attention to detail, control, and strength. Nice job Kelly!
For more video check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/DaleFitness
This is a workout from June 2010 at Supreme Ultimate Fitness in Boca Raton, FL .
First it started with a strength phase using a 24kg kettlebell, then double 24kg bells. Then I went into some 5 min circuits using ropes, TRX, kettlebell, and sangbag. I love these 4 tools for metabolic conditioning. They compliment each other very well. Then I finished with 10 min T’ai Chi Chih active recovery.
Here is the exact workout
- Strength Circuit #1: Double clean & press x5 , front squat x5, swings x5, snatch (single x 10) for 3 rounds no rest
- Strength Circuit #2: Push Up x 10, renegade row x 5 each side, single leg dead lift x 5 each side for 3 rounds no rest
- Cardio circuit #1: walking swings, battling ropes, TRX row, sandbag shouldering for 2 rounds for 30 sec work/15 sec rest
- Cardio circuit #2: farmers walk, hand-hand swings, TRX press, TRX one leg squats for 2 rounds for 30 sec work/15 sec rest
- T’ai CHi Chih: Rocking Motion, Bird Flaps its wings, Bass Drum, Pulling Taffy variation #3, 6 healing sounds, cosmic consciousness pose.
Here is a video of me making my raw protein bars.These are very high quality food bars using my own protein blend Dale’s Raw Protein
- Gluten FREE
- Dairy FREE
- Vegan, Raw, Organic
- 22g protein, 7 g fiber, low sugar
- All natural
For more info, check out my site Dale’s Raw Foods
Be sure to download my FREE gift “8 Easy Raw Vegan Snacks” at http://dalesrawfoods.com